HOME    |    CONTACT    |   RICERS |   DIE-CUT DECALS   |   JDM BATTERY COVER STICKERS   |   avdesigns

Friday, December 12, 2014

Best Air Freshener for your car - Treefrog JDM Squash scent

This is the "JDM squash" scent that is popular in Japan and with Asians. The price off Amazon is actually comparable (and sometimes cheaper) than my local Japanese supermarket, Don Quixote.

This particular air freshener is a more solid gel type, in a plastic tray. The plastic tray has holes in it for the scent to come through. There isn't any adjustment like the very popular CS-X3 air freshener, but the scent of this lasts far longer. It definitely starts out really strong, but after a day or two, mellows out. The tray can be placed on the floor under the seat, even though it comes with some double sided tape to stick somewhere. The gel is solid enough to not spill. There are some other gel type air fresheners that are really wet, but this is not one of them.

For the price, this lasts a lot longer than the CS-X3, which is why I switched over to this. Even opening a single vent on the CS-X3, this far outlasts it. Of course, both are gel type air fresheners, the CS-X3 is a lot more dry, however. I think living in the heat of Hawaii accelerates the rate that air fresheners dry up, especially when I park my car in the sun at work. The heat just dries it up, so if you live in a hot area, you might want to try one of these. The scent lasts a little over a month in the high heat - the CS-X3 only lasts about 2 weeks for me. When I lived in California, I originally used the CS-X3 and it lasted a fairly long time. They don't stand up to the heat of Hawaii very well, which is why I'm glad I found this. If this lasts well over a month in the heat, I'm pretty sure the scent will stay for far longer if you are in a cool environment.

One last thing - I tend to alternate between this product and Smooth Cologne Air Freshener - Light Squash Fragnance since they are very similar products, besides the look of the tray. The Black Squash is a little stronger smell, the Marine Squash Treefrog is almost identical to Light Squash. At my local supermarket, one of the two is normally on sale so I will get whatever is cheaper, but on Amazon, it seems this one is consistently cheaper. Compare the prices and get whichever one is cheaper. The difference between the two is minimal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment