HOME    |    CONTACT    |   RICERS |   DIE-CUT DECALS   |   JDM BATTERY COVER STICKERS   |   avdesigns

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My 13 day nightmare in a Infiniti G35 Coupe

And you guys thought I hated my G35 coupe? This guy blew out his back while driving a G35! WTF? This guy got rid of his G35 after only 900 miles put into the car. Was then forced to buy back his old car for 3 grand more and took a 6k+ depreciation value hit on the G35 he gave back to Infiniti. He also lost his 4k down payment.

VERY LONG READ. But very interesting!

Read full account here:  http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280424



I'm writing this to tell you about my experience at the Gwinnett Infiniti dealership in the Atlanta Area. Saturday morning 10:00 AM after a hockey game with my coworkers, I decided to drop by Gwinnett Infiniti dealership to get some more information about the G35 coupe and grab a brochure. I wanted to purchase a new vehicle to replace my 2003 VW GTI VR6. I was torn between the Infiniti’s G35 coupe and a BMW 330CI ZHP. I also wanted to check out what the Acura TL had to offer but coming from a country where it snows half the year, I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go.

So get to the Gwinnett Infiniti dealership and I Asked a sales person got the information and was ready to go home but the sales guy asked me if I wanted to take a test drive. I said no, I was just gathering information and I would be back to do this, I'm a slow shopper and I’m not ready to buy... He insisted that I try the car to get the full information now, so I said fine, I'll try but I’m not purchasing this car now, I got other cars to look at and Other people to consult. So he promptly ran into the dealer with my drivers license and we where off. On are way out he was driving, he said he had to make a quick stop at the bank to get some money, the bank closed at Noon and that he would not have the time to go any other time.... So we did the quick stop, he got off, got his money and got back in... I finally got to drive the car for all but 3 minutes... We got back to the dealership and he brought me in to talk about numbers.


This is where I made my first mistake

We sit down in this office start going back and forth about what I wanted to get for my car and what kind of payments that I was looking for etc... So I told him "600$ a month". So he asked me for my info, SSN, Name, Date Of Birth and called the loan holder for my car (Carmax) and got my buyout, went to his sales manager and came back with numbers that where way off what I wanted monthly... 13,500$ for my car and 37,200$ for the G35 witch was like a 800$ monthly payment… I knew he was trying to use the “look how good we are to you tactic” by overshooting my monthly payment and then making me feel like since I got him to come down, I got my way… So I decided to play along because I knew what was going on and I wanted to get it anyway… So he proceeded to hand me a piece of paper and a pen and asked me to write what I wanted the numbers to look like saying: “I’m on your side buddy but give me reasonable numbers to work with so I could talk my sales manager down” (Yeah right!) So I said fine, I want 15,500$ for my car, which was the book trade in value in Kelly’s Blue Book and my exact buyout and I offered 34,500$ for the G35 with a wing Added witch I knew was about what guys where getting for the car equipped like it was and I was going to put 4000$ down which would bring me close to the 600$ a month I wanted to pay…

So he came back with 14,500$ + taxes witch would be close to my buyout for my car and 34,500 + taxes for there car witch he said cam down to 648 a month at 5.9% I said fine let me take these numbers and go home and figure things out, my budget, insurance cost ETC… He was like don’t worry we will get all that sorted out, I know people who know people Blah! Blah! Blah! So I told him listen, I’m sold I just won’t sign today, I will go home and come here Monday at 10:00 am and we will get it done…. So again he said no, no, no! this is a today deal, Interest rates are going up and if you sign now we can lock up this rate, Monday It might not be there, he even called the financing guy to beat on me with this info, so since they already had my info, my SSN my address and my cars papers, they started whipping up the papers to get me rolling today, I was like hold it man, you can write all this stuff up but I’m not signing this today, we will finish this deal Monday… He was like: “no bro, you will be able to go home today in your fresh new G35 and surprise your family”… So again I told him I was not going to take delivery of the car till the deal was finalized and the Wing put on and you can’t do that by the time I’m out of here, I won’t wait that long, I’m hungry, tired and you are officially stressing me out…


This is where I made my second mistake

The sales guy pulled me aside and started to give me a guilt trip about how much time he had spent with me working on this deal (6 hours) and how he only gets paid on commission and that he was new here (3 weeks) and that he would really appreciate if I could help him out… So I responded listen, I told you when I got here I was not ready to buy, you convinced me that this car was the car for me over the BMW, now I’m not comfortable with getting this today, I take my time to spend 50$ so I was not about to spend close to 35K$ in 6 hours I was going to talk it over with my girlfriend and check my budget numbers… So he started attacking my manhood, telling me I was responsible to make a decision on my own… SO I was tired of his babble, I was going to sign and go home but I know that the deal was fall thru because of my Canadian record not being accessible to SunTrust…

So I signed my car away and signed the paper for the G35 coupe…
I know I was stupid but you have to understand that at that point I was tired, I suffer from a condition called hypoglycemia, for those who don’t know what that it, here’s a link about it… http://www.hypoglycemia.org/ so I was finally happy I could jump in one of there loaner cars and go home to eat Sedan, the fatigue and confusion was getting unbearable…

When I got home, I told my girlfriend the news and started eating, surprised by the news, she told me I was not looking happy as she thought I would. I told her I was not, it was my first new car purchase and what I thought was suppose to be a great experience turned out to be the biggest stress filled experience of my life. So she left it at that, saying, you will fell better when you get your new toy… Later that night after looking at what I signed for I realized that I got hustled a little bit:

My monthly payment was the same as they mentioned but the numbers on the contract where not the same as the ones on the piece of paper…

The piece of paper said we negotiated on said 14,500$ for my car and 34,500 for the new car… Nice round numbers, easy to remember for a total of 648$ a month with 4000$ down…

The contract said 14,250$ for my car and 34,800 for the new car… not round numbers, not easy to remember for a total of 648$ a month with 4000$ down…

I was so embarrassed by not realizing that and knew that I could do nothing about it since I signed (reason more why they did not want me to go home with the numbers). So I said to myself, lesson learned, never again will I let this happen…


So on Monday I returned to the dealer to pick up my new ride with my girlfriend, to my surprise my sales guy was not there, I was told he left on vacation and that another sales person would help me take delivery. So he came to me and proceeded to tell me that the financing is proving to be complicated with SunTrust since they can’t pull my credit from Canada... I told him that I was not surprised, I had mentioned this to the other sales guy and the finance guy but they would not listen. I said that’s fine, just give me my old car back and I would be on my way but he told me to wait until tomorrow so they can get things finalized. So I came back Tuesday, The same story was being told, so I sacked them again to give me my car back but they asked me to keep the loaner one more day and that they would call me for pickup… Wednesday went by and I heard nothing about Infiniti.

Finally Thursday they came up with a solution, same deal but this time thru Infiniti at 7.9% rate… I said, no thank you, I’m done with this deal, I want my car back and I’m coming to pick it up now… So I show up at the dealer give back there loaner car and ask for my car back… After sitting there 2 hours, the finance manager being frustrated with dealing with this case for 4 days came out and start telling me how I had no credit in the United States and who did I think I was to demand a lower interest rate under those conditions. Being the calm person that I am, I did not blowup in his face even if I felted like it, I calmly said: “I never asked for any interest rate, I was given a interest rate over the weekend based on my information, I told my sales person that Infiniti would have problems getting me financed unless the could pull my Canadian credit score. If Carmax was able to give me 4.9% based on my credit in Canada, I really don’t think I’m asking for nothing out of the ordinary, please give me my old car back and I will be on my way”.

This is where I made my third mistake

So they came back with 6.9% rate and told me to not be cheap because its only 20$ extra a month and said we can't go lower… but I told them that If Infiniti does not want to take a 1000$ financial loss over 5 years, why do they think that I can afford too… For the last time give my dam car back so I can go home please. It was clear to me that they could not give me my car back because they probably already paid for my loan on my old car and reversing it would cost more to Infiniti then holding up there part of the deal, so they caved it and made me sign the papers with Infiniti financing at 5.9%… Since they caved in and I’m a man of my word I figured it was only right that I follow thru for the same price...

So I drove off, on my way out, the sales guy helping us out felted so bad that he said he was sorry for me and to come back when I wanted and he would fill up my tank once, I thanked him and drove off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment